Also reading: Elder Zamora and Stefan Karlsson.
WHEN: Saturday January 14, 2017
WHERE: The San Bernardino Garcia Center for the Arts, 526 W. 11th St. San Bernardino, CA 92410
TIME: 6:00-8:00 p.m.
FEE: This event is free but we accept donations. In fact, we strongly encourage them, so that the lights can stay on in the Garcia Center, and so that these readings can continue to be free and open to the public.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Writers will have their books for sale at the event-cash is preferred.
This event is made possible with the generosity of The San Bernardino Garcia Center for the Arts and with the support of Poets & Writers, Inc.
TITLE: This is for the mostless.
AUTHOR: Jason Magabo Perez
PUBLISHER: WordTech Editions
DATE: Forthcoming 2017
DESCRIPTION: This hybrid book of poems, fictions and essays explores abjection, the superhero, the body, love, migration, and Filipino American melancholia.
NOTE: This is not the final book cover. The book is currently in the revision and design stage!
1. The long stretch of 2016-2017 marks the 40th Anniversary of U.S. v. Narciso and Perez. I’m currently building a tour of readings, performances, lectures, & exhibitions of my body work on the case/history. If you are a programmer/event planner, or you know folks at universities, theaters, &/or museums, please inquire, please holla.
2. What happens when you disarticulate the novel from the book? See above, I think.
3. I want to record and maybe even make some film/video experiments with Phenomenology of Superhero. I want to.
4. I’m revising the manuscript for my first book, This is for the mostless., which will be out Fall 2017 through WordTech Editions. The talentedly talented Amy Abito is on the design.
5. Website clean-up is in order.